Wavebreaker / 2014

 

Photo documentation: Estonian Academy of Arts Gallery, Tallinn

 

Perforated steel, copper coated. Dimensions: 1700mm x 1700mm x 1700mm

 

The tetropod structure for breakwater was originally developed in 1950 by Laboratoire Dauphinois d'Hydraulique (now Sogreah) in Grenoble, France. It acts as a barrier on coastal lines for intrusive waves. The “Wavebreaker” sculpture is made out of conductive metal grate which acts as electromagnetic shield capable of disturbing and blocking cellular radiowaves. The piece deals with the matter of privacy and counter-surveillance.

 

Exhibited in:

 

Ava(tud) Piirid / Open(ed) Borders / Curated by Eda Tuulberg, Merilin Talumaa, Tiiu Parbus 2014

Tase '15 / Master diploma works' exhibition (Estonian Academy of Arts, Tallinn) 2015